Monday, September 14, 2015

NFL SUNDAY: AFC NORTH

I figure the only thing I can comment on is the division in which my team is a part of.
Winner to losers
 Oh, there's only one in the AFC North:

Bengals 33 ~ Raiders 13
Bengals win their opener by whipping up on a lowly Raiders team that have lost a ton of swagger. I mentioned before in a sports commentary. Derek Carr overthrows. This is something you don't have time to fix. And as a casual viewer of pre-season...he looked panicked and AWFUL in the pocket. I think he didn't realize how hurt his hand actually was. Then he was taken out when he attempted to stiff arm Adam Jones on a scramble. Now he's re-fractured his hand. Good luck with Matt McGloin. It's nice to see Jeremy Hill (running back, LSU) pound the ball inside/outside, and around the corners. The guy's got speed and size and gets those extra yards. Tandem with Giovani Bernard, this running core is pretty solid. GREAT to see Tyler Eifert (Tight End, Notre Dame) back. Caught two TDs and a great seam runner. A.J. Green (wide receiver, Georgia) just signed a 4 year extension, disappeared from the field. Dropping a few catches. I guess, his arm was sore from that signing. Or carrying the sack of money.

Speaking of Adam Jones, that taking off Amari Cooper's helmet, grabbing him by the ears and slamming it against his own helmet is cartoonishly bush league. He should've been ejected. But I think he'll be suspended for a while. It was odd, the Raider Nation I watched it with didn't say much about it. I was actually the only one vocal about this behavior. The Mafia could learn a lot from the NFL, nothing seems to stick, and we tend to forget it after the next week. I don't think he's going to get away with this one though. Most sports sites are playing it over and over again, in hopes (I'm guessing) to right the egregious wrong.

Patriots 28 ~ Steelers 21
I'm always happy to see the Steelers lose. Especially excited when they whine like kids when they don't get their way. This episode had Big Baby Ben Roethlisberger screaming about how the Pats shifted during a cadence before the snap count that drew off the linesman. Hey, dumb ogre...you're the fucking offense, your team knows the snap count. The Pats defense have no clue. Then to whine about headset malfunction and whatever. I dunno. Anyway, Brady didn't look rusty at all. I was surprised the Steeler defense left Rob Gronkowski completely open. At 6'6" 265lbs. Not sure if they thought he was just the goal post or what. All in all, Steelers played it tough and Le'Veon Bell (running back) is going to get them out of some jams. I'm afraid of Antonio Brown (wide receiver). That guy is a workhorse, and isn't afraid to lay out some defenders ala Hines Ward in his day. He plays with passion, and that's always dangerous.

Broncos 19 ~ Ravens 13
The game known as "The One Where Peyton Manning Didn't Throw A Touchdown" This game was messy. Going back and forth and in the trenches. It was actually nice to watch a true AFC match like that. The score doesn't reflect the nastiness this game was. Pure ugly teams butting heads. If I were a Ravens fan, I'd want to burn garbage on quarterback Joe Flacco's lawn. That guy...I'm not sure how much Thorazine he may be on, but it doesn't seem to effect him...his boneheaded plays. He throws into double coverage, underthrows, doesn't throw at all, and still...STILL when they get to the playoffs he lights it up. As a fan, I'd not watch the regular season, less I chuck heavy things at the television. The Ravens lost Terrell Suggs for the season with a torn achilles. That's massive. He is the old guard to the Ravens defense and well...Flacco better start putting some of these games out of reach early. I like Suggs. He's amusing. He went to Ball So Hard University, so he says. As for the Broncos...your offensive line is...offensive. Manning being sacked like he was is not doing his neck any good.

Jets 31 ~ Browns 10
Another futile season for the lowly Browns. Quarterback Josh McCown went down, so...here comes Johnny...
...Football...
...Manziel.

Manziel (as I've said before) looks like some guy's kid who ran onto the field with a Brown's uniform. How is it that this guy gets snaps but Tim Tebow is relegated to a rumor somewhere? It's unreal. Too bad he faces Darrell Revis island so early.

Good to see former Bengal-now-Jet Ryan Fitzpatrick still got the skill to run up score. Browns didn't do much in the off season in terms of stacking the talent. I dare you to name one other Brown's player other than Manziel. I couldn't do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment