Friday, September 25, 2015

Ben Carson and Why Muslims Shouldn't Be President Of The United States

Does this dude remind you of "Benson" or is it just me putting "Ben" & "Carson" together?
Anyway, Carson publicly went on record and said Muslims wouldn't be a good choice for the White House. To be fair, I don't think Buddhist should either. There's just certain following and teachings that don't necessarily bode well for America as a whole. Not that Buddhism or Muslims don't share some ideologies about America, but the values seem a tad extreme. A man who believes in unmitigated peace (sorry to say) lives in some form of delusion. As does one who follows Islam. There are just too many specifics that would run into conflict, especially with some of our friends abroad. Do Christians fare better in the White House? It's already been proven. I mean, there was a time when having Kennedy in the White House was seen as controversial. You know how I feel about religion in general.

I don't think it will ever happen though. Christian beliefs are more in line with the America we see now. It was built on pledging allegiance to the flag for which a lot of Muslims don't believe. So there's just way too much contrast between what is established as the America we know and the core of its values of being about freedom of religion and speech. We may not like to admit it, but we're sorta' picking at the ones we like with chopsticks and throwing away others to suit our system. There's a hypocrisy to politics (obviously) that we won't admit to ourselves. I mean, I never thought in my lifetime we'd have a Black president, so I suppose things could change. But for now, it's just the wrong time.

What is your impression of the Islamic faith? It's a mystery to me. My sister tells me one of our distant cousins are Muslim. That could stem from him just not eating pork or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment