Thursday, September 3, 2015

College Football

Is there anything better than the football season starting again?
Except having your team start as champions. If I were superstitious, I'd be a bit taken back by the high ranking. I guess all the sports writers have to believe Ohio State Buckeyes dominance carried from last year. And that's fine. Me? I tend to like that they aren't ranked up there. It's a more fascinating game if you watch them climb the ladder. And most people believe there is a curse bestowed upon the ones voted number one. If you believe those things.

I really like college football because it reminds me of my time in college. Care free days. The days where there were a lot of possibilities. The crisp air, the smell of burning leaves. Girls on campus. Girls ignoring me on campus. But when I hear a marching band off in the distance, you know it's game time. A lot of this is because I also played. And miss the smell of the turf. Yeah, sounds stupid, but grass smell with Earth is really comforting. Running sprints in a field is exhilarating. As is catching a ball for a touchdown. The tailgating is fun too. Drinking beers and talking sports is a great time. Talking about the season is as well. I contend it's more likely we love college football to tailgate than the actual game itself. Families get involved. The days past by quicker. The sky is much more beautiful during this season. It crept up on us pretty quickly, and now it's time again...

No comments:

Post a Comment