Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Music Business Is Dumb

I was watching a friend working on a music video of a band I'd never heard of. The video looked pretty good and seemed to have a budget. Most digital vids tend to look cheap to me. Digital sucks fat balls. Anyway, I looked up this band...

These fuckers have been paying for (now) over ten years. A band from Japan who have sold out concerts around the world. Concerts...meaning stadiums. Except...America. The latest note from them is that they just signed with Warner Bros. label and are about to be released in late September. Why should I be surprised. Very people know the biggest comedian in the world is Russell Peters whom I heard about almost a decade ago too.

It made me think of a few things...
Damn...music business fucking stupid. They left so much money on the table for the past (at least) 5 years. Signing these cats would've taken nothing. But our geocentric minds couldn't find a way to exploit 4 somewhat talented pop Asians talents. It's also somewhat racist. Their music easily could be in a some dumb teen rom-com. Nope. I can almost hear some fuck-wad producer say "too ethnic." Whatever, I'm not here to beat that drum. All I can say is we've just caught up to the rest of what's going on out there. Same with movies. As I've said in a past blog, the market is no longer for Americans (since we're so fucking spoiled).


No comments:

Post a Comment