Thursday, July 9, 2020

Answering Past Questions About Booze

I met a girl online and she asked me why I stopped drinking.
I answered that I got bored with it.
I don't think she was satisfied with that answer. No one ever is.
So what was the reason?
I don't know. All I know is that I really wasn't an alcoholic.
To which she asked if I could have a single drink and stop.
Most likely. But it doesn't interest me to try.
So, you ARE an alcoholic. Face palm.

I really don't know. I just enjoyed drinking to excess when I did.

The thing is, most idiots will try to label you because it's the hip thing to do. The CORRECT response to any of this is "have you ever been diagnosed for it?" Answer: sort of. In fact, my doctor had also denied I was ever an alcoholic. But too many people you hang out with will slap the label on you. Because your weakness means they're better than you. Which they're not. They have their demons. But if it makes them feel better so be it.

I allowed this level of labeling to go on for a while because it made them feel better about their miserable lives. But, as much as quitting cold turkey was an effort, it wasn't the hardest thing I had to do regain health. Working out still is. And eating better.

But the first answer was the most honest...I did bored of drinking and not doing anything that I was suppose to.
If that isn't good enough for you...then I can't help you, help me judge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment