Sunday, December 18, 2016

Charlie Brown's Xmas

I'm watching this on a loop. Not sure why...only that it's pretty fuckin awesome, even as background noise.

I've seen it plenty of times, but somehow this year seemed much more poignant. Sad sack Vince Guaraldi music is classic. And makes shit feel better. THAT I can't explain. No one ever mentions that decades later this has been linked to Christmas. As much as the Anglo Xmas tunes. That's an accomplishment, considering most Xmas music is too modern. At least Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas" sounded like vintage Motown.

If you're my age, you tend to miss those Christmas specials with Kenny Rogers in some studio built log cabin singing his favorite Christmas songs.

Guaraldi most likely doesn't get the recogniton as you can't carol them without sounding like children. I miss carol'ers.

Boy, did I grow up in an idyllic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment