Friday, December 2, 2016

Britney Spears Birthday

Britney turned 35 years old. Aside from the fact that she is of U.S. presidential age, it also marks the 18th year since I was at A Band Apart (now disbanded) as a production assist on the "Sometimes" video. In 1999 there were some badass directors. Nigel Dick directed a a few of them. Now hidden away in some corner of Hollywood. He's a really cool dude. Nice guy who didn't speak down to us minions even though he was pretty much a rock star.

Call me a fag, I actually like Britney's earlier bubblegum shit. It makes me feel good. It's been a while since I listened to it, but I just spun through that whole album recently. Man...what a doll. People may criticize her shit, but it was somehow...different. Corny as the lyrics and music may be, it reminded me of time when I had huge dreams of wanting to direct music vids. But I was poor and not connected to a band. And I wa stuck in older blues and rock. The guys who made those vids hung out like rock stars. Britney...what can I tell you, except she gave you a boner. Not just because she had a sweet innocent look for debauchin' but because she seemed to not know that my cock...I mean...a cock could do damage to her. Male fantasy, without knowledge seems to amp that shit up. She was before the planes hitting the World Trade. ..if that gives you an idea of where we were. That pop doesn't fly today. Not are we happy and much more cynical.

I think a feminist would be confused at her now. Say, if she were just introduced in 2016. You know you couldn't blast her for her sexuality. But, since the new world is much more raw, she wouls be too tame for even girls today.

Britney...was the last of that sweet southern pecker perker. Girls now have too many tattoos and super angry. Which...maybe it will cycle around again. This resurgence of sex kitten or boy band will come again, history insists on it. By then, perhaps it will be interactive. I miss those days of...just having...a defined goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment