Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Carrie Fisher R.I.P.

When she went into ICU, everyone suspected something wrong. What will we find out. I'm not sure it matters.

I will say...I never saw Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia, as many did. I saw her as a brilliant writer. I know, I'm being a contrarian to go against her most legendary role. But I was always fascinated by what she was able to fix and write. For instance, she fixed a few lines for "The Last Action Hero." To me, that is amazing. The fact that she was the offspring of two legendary Hollywood stars was also amazing. She led a short BUT amazing life.

I'm so deeply saddened by this lost. Not but a few days after George Michael passed, we hear another great one go. She is great, in my book, for enduring the garbage of this business and still going with it. If I take anything from her life, it's that we can endure in the face of the ridiculousness which is entertainment.

I'm not going to leave with any weird "Star Wars" saying that stuck to her like stink. Instead, a special thank you for having the chutzpah to tell it like it is. No matter how painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment