Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Short Film: Paid Mah Billz!

So I plunked down the last of my monies to get the sound mix finally completed. It sounds great. But am going to go over it once more before it's locked, loaded and done.

It's a tough nut to crack, but after all the garbage that is the life of living in The San Fernando Valley, trials...tribulations, it's something that has been dangling over my head that can finally be checked off my list. Yes, it's been a FUCKING long time. And I only have myself to blame. Diligence is one thing, not having the money to do it properly is another. Along the way though, I did my own side things. Which...I guess you couldn't say I was just sitting on my hands. BUT...lesson to myself...NEVER start a project if you have another that is lingering. I would warn many people who have side jobs to support their dreams...don't do this to yourself. Don't begin something because it's new and exciting. This will inevitably shred a small part of your enthusiasm for the project you HAVE to finish. This is unfair to a lot of people. AND you will most likely dissipate energy that is required to maximize your movie. Yes, I get that the newest thing is less boring. BUT...ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS finish what's on your plate before anything else.

The issue is that life gets in the way. You don't realize it, but it does. Also, the joy and momentum will die over time. Same thing happens back when there were no distractions. Consider the only time any kid had ever put broom to floor or vacuum to carpet was when morning cartoons ended and it was the least boring option in life. Can ANYONE now remember when you weren't so distracted by...everything.

Anyway, the bills are paid and now it's finalizing the link and that's all she wrote. I feel a weight lifted, since now I can go to cast and crew and feel confident it is in the best shape it's ever been in. Again, I'm very proud of the effort and...it's a pretty good little movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment