Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Karlie Hay Miss Teen USA


Karlie Hay...Mini-Charlize-Theron...
Using N-Word at the age of 15, yet winning teen USA:

"Asked why she ever used such language, Hay explained, "At that age, I was being a follower. I was trying to fit in with my friends. The word was thrown around in the music I listened to, with the friends I hung out with, and I had no guidance. So, it was kind of a careless mistake. When the tweet got brought back up, I was just, like, kind of, like, embarrassed, ashamed and just amazed that I actually at one point in my life thought it was OK to use that word, because it's never OK."
"It's not an excuse," Hay added. "There is no excuse to say that word ever, at all."'

Um...that is an excuse. But kids are stupid. My nephew most likely calls a lot of people that.

Should she be stripped of her crown? Fuck no. Since it effects nothing. Who would've known who she was had she NOT been outed like this? I don't think anyone sees her as a role model. I think the real lesson learned here is...winning digs up all your dirt, because our society is garbage. The sooner you learn that, Ms. Hay, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment