Monday, August 29, 2016

Gene Wilder Dead At 83

I've never remotely found him funny...
BUT...BUT!!!...The fact that he tried SO hard to make people laugh, makes him a martyr in my book.

I'm not sure that the general public confuses...looking funny and BEING funny.
His jokes were obvious and corny. And his pairing with Richard Pryor was...well, watch it again these days. "Silver Streak" isn't as good as I remembered it.

Again, my appreciation for the guy is mostly due to his attempts. And constant attempts. And riding that wave of cocaine 70's humor, or just being bug-eyed odd. Most of the movies with antics like "The Woman In Red" are very very weird. I dare anyone to watch that and believe it was made with good intentions.

A girl recently told me her favorite movie of all time was "Young Frankenstein." IF you can make a girl like schtick, then...yeah...you get tagged a legend.

Would it surprise you that I've never seen "Willy Wonka"?

No comments:

Post a Comment