Monday, August 29, 2016

Memories Are Important

I look back on my Flickr page where I keep...something of a photo journal and am reminded of times I've spent in different places. My own memory is slipping. Not bad or good, but memories are emotion. And I think when I turned 40 a lot of that faded away. My mind works in the now. Which is sad, since I can't feel those feelings I once had. Nostalgia maybe.

I visit my Flickr page and it's nice. A nice reminder of the times I've had. The terrible emotional battles with drinking or not drinking. But also with being really inspired to be a great photographer. I tried a lot of things. Studied hard to find how it would all work. Researched my favorite people. And split my time between doing production shots of my own films to doing model/pinup/vintage shooting. It's all inspiring, though looking at the images now, there is a sadness that I don't fully recall the emotion behind it. I mean, I know I should, but I don't. As if I've been lobotomized from that part that was the pre-drinking days, to the post-drinking days.

Memories are important, if not to feel and have empathy for others.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/thomaskuo/

No comments:

Post a Comment