Sunday, September 14, 2014

What A Guy WIll Do For Young Poon

When I was a graduate student, I remember I was on a film shoot in a church late at night. One of the assistants was a freshman in the film program. For whatever reason, she took a fondness for me. Perhaps because I was really confident in my shooting skill and ordered people around like the captain of the ship. Maybe it was because I never complained about the hard work. Either way, she was about 19 years old at the time. I was around 25.

Well, I went through undergrad snatch-less. I had one girlfriend who I loved deeply. Pretty much the only girl that let me have sex with her on a regular basis. Didn't help that my face looked like road rash, with pockmarked boils of acne. Can't imagine anyone who would want to fuck me. So, I counted myself really really REALLY lucky.

So this girl in film school...we got really hot and heavy fast. We worked on this film for 3 to 4 nights. Each night, she seemed to have grown closer and closer.

I never knew the dynamics of college at Loyola Marymount. Apparently, everyone knew each other as they all went to Catholic school together. I fucking hate Catholic school. However, the one thing I can tell you...Catholic girls are wild. Not wild...out to prove a point how wild they've become.

Well, I discovered she'd actually been on television. A reoccurring role on "Step By Step." She was pretty in that could-be-anyone's-girlfriend type. Again, I counted myself really lucky.

Within that same week we spent time together. She seemed really smitten by everything about me. I was confused. She must have brain trauma of some kind. Well, one night as I was in an editing bay...this was at a time when all of us film students were in a bullpen. Just a sweatshop of editing. She was sitting next to me as I was watching a fellow filmmakers movie (he'd wanted my opinion). There was this girl in our class. She was bat-shit nuts. I mean that. She was uncontrollable. Rude cunt. Worst, she...took an interest in me. She knew I wasn't a threat when it came to wanting to direct or produce. She'd asked me to shoot her film a few projects back. I declined. She is a mean person. And that's ME telling you this. She was just a looney weirdo. Her name was Helen. More like Hell-en.

Anyway, she kept making comments about the project. Really rude comments. To my colleague. Megan (this 19 year old) could tell it was agitating me. She just held onto my arm. I fumed. Finally a comment just broke the camel's back. I screamed at Helen "Why don't you just shut the fuck up, you fucking crazy bitch. No one cares what you think. Go die in a corner or something." To which she screamed back something incomprehensible. Apparently no one's ever talked to her like that. Megan and I left. I apologized for my outburst. She understood. So I thought.

The next week was frosty. By frost, I meant, straight up cold from her. I was confused. She could tell Helen was out of line. My outburst didn't help, but it was warranted. Again, so I thought. The following week, I did the typical stupid shit to get her attention. Went to her dorm. Ran into her roommate. To which she gave me a VERY strange response. Not bad. Not good, so bizarre. I told her Megan and I were going out. Her roommate got silent. Just nodded. Said "Megan's an interesting person." That should've been a red-flag. The next day at the cafeteria, I ran into a friend of Megan's. Wasn't a friend. He'd also had gone out with her at some point. He mentioned something odd as well..."Megan is Megan." Never a good sign. He seemed bummed that I was the next guy. Almost, as if...disappointed she traded down. Can't say he was wrong. Guy was what you would call "Mr. Abercrombie."

So finally I caught up with her again (after being completely ignored). She was a volunteer at a feeding the homeless. Here's where the young poon makes you do retarded things. I ended up volunteering too. Yes...me. The guy who wanted to send the unwashed to a different planet made sandwiches and took them down to Santa Monica.

Here's what I got: No thank you from her. No "hey this guy 'aint so bad." Nothing. Just darted as soon as the van stopped. I guess this is a sign it was over. As fast as it started.

I recall learning a few things at this food bank. A) you aren't helping anyone. Homeless people suck. Suck fat fucking balls. B) Ungrateful fucks C) doesn't clear your conscience.

I'd like to think it was an altruistic move on my part. Considering I did feel a twinge of humanity when I was handing out food. Instead, what I discovered, is entitlement. They don't fucking care about you. You could be a vending machine. One homeless lady had serious mental issues. This is NOT someone you want around defenseless 19 year olds. I was a worldly 25. I'd spent a lot of time on the mean inner city of Cincinnati. I mean this seriously. Cincy has some tough streets.

So, that ended that. I felt lousy. She probably was skipping around dudes like a hummingbird. I could throw around the word "whore" but...she's 19. She probably needed a lot more experience. Who cares? Got young snatch. Looking back, I was in the middle of a relationship going south. On again off again shit.

Megan went on to do agent work at Paradigm, a big prestigious agency in Los Angeles. But is now a teacher at...get this...a Catholic school.

No comments:

Post a Comment