Friday, September 5, 2014

Football Season Begins

Ah, the smell of cold wet grass in autumn. And burning leaves. Not sure what could be a better sell to the new gridiron season. Then grilling meat. A can of beer. And football.

I love football. The random nature of the game. The structure within the chaos.

I sat down yesterday to watch the Seattle Seahawks beat Green Bay Packers. The whole time I was thinking "what did they think when they invented this game?" Did they have ANY clue how big it would become? Or that money would pour in thru corporate sponsorship. It is INSANE how much money is dumped into this. AND...HUGE AND...this is a non-negotiable viewing thing.

What I mean by that is, you can't NetFlix it. Or Hulu it. You may be able to watch for free, but in essence, the best stream feeds will still have you watching their commercials (from local ads).

I think what I love most about football is that the games are so limited. Every game counts. Everyone has an opinion of the outcome. We can waste time talking theory. History. Stats. In the end, it does come down to a very random moment. Inches...and time. I really dig that we're so educated in football, yet the very day of play SO many things go wrong.

This is also where my brain sorta' goes into hibernation. I know I should be germinating new ideas. Or working with friends on their projects. But I like that Halloween is around the corner. And I'm easily distracted by...well, just all the chaos that this season brings. Holidays too.

Let's hit the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment