Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Adrian Peterson and child abuse

When I was a kid, most everyone's folks believed in corporal punishment. In fact, if you got outta line most friends of your family felt it necessary to give you a whack too. And your folks wouldn't get on them about it. They knew you deserved it.

I miss those days.

Quite frankly, we are missing those moments. When the fuck did the power get turned over to the kids?  I mean, you have to consider this...kids above the age of 7 are now SO sophisticated with the internet and multimedia publishing, we as adults are superiorly fucked. They can easily cry abuse if you force them to eat dinner before desert. Or wouldn't let them outside to play with the other kids. This is scary what an irrational kid is capable of.

Now before you tell me that I'm an asshole for condoning child abuse...I don't. There are obvious cases where the parent is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs and will have to be turned over to cooler minds, but think about the different layers of abuse. In Peterson's case, he is an incredibly wealthy NFL player. He can provide for an orphanage of children if he so chose. I'm not exactly clear on the severity of his alleged crime (as he's only been arrested and booked, never convicted), I can only say that he meted punishment felt equated to the crime. This is his choice. He is the parent. I DO NOT SUPPORT HIS CHILDREN MONETARY. So, in saying so, who gives me the fucking right to tell him he's a bad parent? Apparently the world loves putting in their opinion. And I guess I am too. But not so much as an indictment to AP, but rather to our constant nosey judgmental nature to call people out. IF you believe this type of behavior will right the ship, you are mistaken. AP's just rich and famous. The rest of us aren't. We love to point and feel better about ourselves. GIVE IT A FUCKING REST people. He's doing the best, he thinks he can. Did he overstep his bounds? Why don't we let the judicial system figure it out. The court of public opinion is really comedically stupid. You'd think them the buffoons in some community throwing rotten tomatoes at a guy in stocks. This admonishment of public people is getting on my nerves. As I've asked in the past "how the fuck does this effect you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment