Wednesday, July 13, 2011

7th Day Of Sobriety - The Bare Necessities

The other day a girl at work called me "Mowgli". As in, a feral child raised to manhood by a pack of wolves. So I said "thanks" and continued to shovel my food with my hands into my mouth:

I mean, I kinda understand the hair and the dark skin, and even the disposition, but I wasn't exactly walking around without a shirt. And I sure wasn't climbing trees. You know what I never understood?...like when Tarzan was older, how he didn't grow a beard or facial hair or nothing. I'm pretty hairless myself. But I still can grow a wild goatee. It's a dirty 'stache. I wish I could grow a beard. That would be sweet. I'd have a beard all the time.

Wouldn't mind living life in the wild either. Hone up on survival skills. Build fires. Spear fish. Sleep under the stars.

People often make fun of me for my futon. If it were up to me, it'd just be the floor. But alas, to get a girl to visit the lair, something that looks like a bed is a must.

I'm pretty good at traditional camping. Know how to pitch a tent and build a fire. We use to have to do that in the Boy Scouts. Made 2nd Class and quit. Most of the guys I entered the scouts with went for Eagle. That was just too many merit badges to deal with. Also, it started getting gay. Not gay in the homosexual way, but gay in that...you know...just gay. Our scout leaders weren't exactly the pillars of society either. A lot of them smoked weed, drank and taught us dirty jokes. This was the 80's and most people were extremely apathetic towards organized activities. I'd rather take my chances with the wilderness creatures then hike with bearded Dan and his band of merry men into the Appalachians.

We really don't need much to live. I find it funny how desperate people become when their phone drops bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment