Friday, July 8, 2011

4th Day Of Sobriety

It's the 4th day of sobriety. Woke up run down and a little anxious. I think it may have been from the half bag of Chee-tos I consumed last night. Funny how when you drop a sugar from your life, you have to compensate for another. I 'aint proud and my cheese encrusted fingers mock me every time I type.

I feel bad but I feel good. And I did some research online about withdrawal symptoms. It seems after 2 to 6 days of sobriety a severe case alcoholic can actually start to hallucinate. Probably a little more difficult in Los Angeles to tell, since you do see a parade of interesting things on a daily basis. I do have a more positive outlook on things though. I'm excited to go to the Farmer's Market to get fresh fruit. I may stop off at the Guitar Center and noodle around with a hollow body I've had my eye on. And I'm going to treat myself to a massage because of the devastating workout we had yesterday. I may hang out at the beach. It seems these are all possibilities when you aren't stumbling around with a headache.

One thing I warn anyone getting off the sauce...test the waters first. This type of detox seems to be one of the most difficult withdrawal is removing a source from your body that it has been functioning on. Most experts recommend you don't go it alone. I'm in for a checkup this week and will confess to my doctor my drinking issue. I'm off the drinking, and physically I may have dodge some of the effects because of these exercises, but I can feel some of the effects for sure. Dizzyness and nausea to name the top two.

Weekend is coming up and I have a slight fear that I'm going to need some sauce. I think I'll keep myself busy all day. Unfortunately I got some really bad news at work, and the first thing I want to do is drink.  Just dig up a nice bottle of Jack and sit in some lawn chair and not get up. But I know I can't. Man, sorry to depress everyone. It's been that kinda day.

No comments:

Post a Comment