Sunday, July 17, 2011

12th Day of Sobriety - What To Do With All My Booze Dough

Well, now that I quit drinking, I gotta figure out what I could possibly do with sober-mulah. To calculate, I'd say I spent about (on average) $6/day on drinks. Yeah, I drink cheap.  It's about volume. Multiply that with an average month and it's about $180/month I'm saving. Sheesh. Now that I think about it, that is a lot of money to blow on something that causes me so much pain.

So here's a wish list of things I'd want to save for:
-An Epiphone ES-335 OR Sheraton
-A steak dinner at Mortons
- new tires for my car
- A tub chair from World Market
- A King size bed
- A pinball machine
- lenses for my camera
- strobes for the studio
- fix up photo studio
- Box of Hoyo De Monterrey cigars.

So far, I'm encouraged that a lot of things are so within reach now. I could buy a lot of what is listed now But somehow I feel I need to earn these things.
12 days = $72 saved. I had a really great home grilled steak meal. Made it in a skillet and created a nice mushroom sauce. I'm beginning to enjoy the simple things in life again. Use to be I woke up and wondered why I wasn't in one of those big homes in the hills. Doesn't matter as much. I wake up thankful my head doesn't spin. And I don't have surges of pain running down my arm. Simple things. The fresh cold night air is such a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment