Thursday, August 16, 2018

Aretha Franklin

Ms. Franklin got me through some bad times in high school.
Depressed, angry and pussy-less, that voice carried me through some dark tunnels. I still have her in my limited iTunes catalog. Stayed there after all other music fell into obscurity. Her soul singing was a warm thought on a cold autumn morning before band camp. Yeah, I was born old. The Motown sound blaring in my tinty Blaupunkt cassette player driving through the backroads of Ohio thinking about girls and how one would eventually do me wrong. Later in life, a much more significance when you lose someone. She was spirituality without mention of God. You could move on. Move forward. With dignity. I'm sure my story is no different than millions of others. She was the Queen of Soul who spoke to us who lost our soul. Thanks for the great tunes, Ms. Franklin.

No comments:

Post a Comment