Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Weight Management Secret - DO NOT TRY (or do and report back)

Okay...something strange is happening.
Lately my schedule has been in flux. Sometimes I reach the office at 12AM other times 5AM, so around this time, I'm too tired to eat. Or if I do, it's usually the worst pile of garbage that is open this late in Hollywood. That would be fast food. That would be Tommy Burger.

Now for those who aren't in Los Angeles, Tommy Burger is a chili slop burger that should only be consumed after a heavy night of drinking or on a crack binge, where you don't even care what the fuck you're eating anyway. Well, they're open. So here I am.

I usually get their chili dog, which consists of hot dog, chili, a slice of tomato pickles, and I get fries with that. During the day, I'll whatever is on hand. A bunch of pretzels, peanuts, watermelon. And I've taken to bringing my mini-blender to work. I put spinach, kale, protein powder, orange juice, watermelon, cucumber, blueberries whatever seems like it should blend. I drink this throughout the day. Then on my way home, I'm too mentally tired to go to the gym. And I get these really terrible anxiety headaches, because my body is weening off booze.

I stop off at whatever deep fried establishment fits the cheap bill. In this case, it'd be Popeye's fried chicken. Man...I can't get enough of Popeye's. I usually scarf down their three piece. With biscuit and fries. Then while I'm home, I throw on a movie. Or a "48 Hours Mystery", like some old fucker, and eat Chee-tos or chips until I can't stomach it anymore, or I pass out.

The other day, after beating myself up with this new "diet", I stepped on a scale expecting the worst. I had to rub my eyes. A week ago I'd weighed 155 lbs. I am now at 146. I thought it was broken. So I went to a different gym and weighed in again. Sure enough. I'd dropped 9 lbs. Now a lot of you asshats will probably say "duh, dummy...you gave up booze. That's sugar." Yeah, you're right, but I substituted with other sugars. Probably far worse sugars. Some may chime in with "oh, but fat weighs less than muscle." Okay, how do you explain that I can see my abs again?

Something is odd. I can only surmise that, it goes back to my original theory. Whatever you were pre-disposed to being...that's what you are. If you're thick. Be thick. If you're wire-y and skinny, be that. Exercise and diet is just to maintain. Enjoy your fucking life, is what I'm saying. Doctors are full of it. I'm convinced a lot of times they say that shit the same way we say "don't want lung cancer, don't smoke." The "Duh" factor. It's all a simple answer to get you to live the most obvious life. Sans fun. Fuck that. My doctor is a total moron. I'm pretty sure, as he was doing my physical, the fucker was reading a quiz off WebMD. Guy's a moron with a pen who can prescribe things. Doctors, for the most part, and now with the internet, know about the same as you. OBVIOUSLY, they have training but they don't know what you do or don't tell them. They rely on that. Or machines. Pay me six figures a year and I can recommend that if you have headaches, go get an MRI. Did that take a fucking degree? Nope. Anyway...go with your gut always. Forget the so-called "professionals."

This has been eye opening for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment