Thursday, June 5, 2014

It All Gets Better

Hiya,
For those fighting addiction or detox, here's a bit of words that may help you:
It sucks for everyone.
Not just suck, but your brain will be in a fog and you will wonder why you're even off the sauce.

Al-kee-hol is a drug. In the sense that it causes your chemicals to react a certain way. Some say that all people are allergic to alcohol, hence why it gets us drunk. Here's the thing...we've had booze longer than history has even been written. Made me wonder what prehistoric intervention or rehab must've been. My theory, probably that Og, having been sick and tired of Grog ogling his wife, drew down a club on Grog, rendering him retarded. Having been a terrible drunk, this only straightened Grog out. First, and most likely killed his libido. Secondly, doubt he'd want a fresh bash to the noggin after the first one set him straight.

I'm guessing that's how they rehab'd people then. Nowadays, the process isn't much more fine tuned. Except, now people are more aware of your deviant behavior. So most of the time, your shitty attitude from lack of booze or drugs, is going to be documented somewhere.

To me, sobering up sucks a LOT. I mean...mostly because I feel I've waited too long. Let a lot of things slip through my fingers. Opportunities that would've been more available had I been more motivated to move than to drink and NOT move. I often feel a certain loss for those days I could just hang back and drink some beers and relax while working. Alas, my perspective has been skewed. I've been made more annoying. Angry. Bitter. And reflective. A perfect storm for writing blogs.

On the plus side, I'm quite proud of myself that my will power is much stronger now than before.The urge for booze is subsiding. And my joy of writing is returning. It really is true...once it leaves your system, you sort regain a lot of motor skills, emotions (sort of) and focus. Before, the booze is what guide your demeanor.

So it has and does get better. For the time being, I am uncomfortable and I do have tics when I speak. Nervous energy. Anxiety. I will see where the week takes me.
Be well everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment