Monday, June 6, 2022

Why Today's Society Annoys Me So Much

In Los Angeles, in my business, everyone is the center of attention. For this reason alone, no one has the capacity to hear, digest and be curious about others. The idea is that you live a more charmed life than the person you're supposedly conversing with. Go ahead and actually pay attention. The minute you do, the more annoyed you will become as well. If you go outside the box of "the industry" you tend to reach more "real" people. I once had a friend who was constantly "on" He thought he was the most interesting person in the room. Would say outrageous things for attention. What a sad pathetic person. Multiply this by million and you get the entertainment business. At a certain point, and if you're still paying attention, these people are revealed for who they really are. Their lives are just a shell of what they present themselves to be. Because, honestly, if anyone was more introspective they'd have left the world a long time ago. I press on despite seeing all this and have faith. I've met genuinely interesting people. Who are interested in life. And curious about people. And the world. Though my worldview seems to narrow as I get older. I find people who don't work in the movie business to be much more fascinating. I always had. Because movie people are insulated turds. They tend to be experts at everything based on research and not living. Of course, on paper, everything can be fixed. In reality, they're much more complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment