Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Happy Father's Day Everyone!

I am surrounded by people who have had very complex relationships with their Dad. My Dad is un-complex. "You eating enough?" "How's the job?" "Car okay?" Then hang up. Hollywood is full of people whose Dads are just complete shit. It makes sense since they live for the approval of others. And they can never be good enough. Though most won't admit it. Afterall, who likes to think they share DNA with a shit. But I am very lucky, grateful and glad my Pop was a good dude. I would say great man, because he taught me a work ethic. Yes, I got EXTREMELY lucky with my career path. But, at the same time, it was watching my Dad work every day and own his own business that infused the love of the American Dream. Most people who were born and raised here don't see the opportunities given to them. Therefore, don't have gratitude for it. Most actors out here suffer this the most. A lack of parental guidance and love. Most of their Dads are unrepentant dirtbags. Of course, most of them live in some denial that they grew up with such a sack of shit. My nephew has a Dad who is a sack of shit. And he is listless. That is the result of an absentee Father. They find getting in trouble will attract a disciplinarian. In some cases, prison is the better alternative. The point is to get beyond your shitty luck in life. You can't choose your parents. Well, wait, I guess some orphans can. I had this conversation with a friend recently, who is an orphan. He is an entitled sack of shit. Useless on all levels and have no bigger aspirations to do much more than to hustle other people. He got into music and is (supposedly) making albums. He complains about how things aren't coming to him. Instead of working. I guess his idea of working is complaining. Then he blames everyone else for his misfortunes. Yes, these people exists. I love my Dad. He is what every dude wishes they had in their lives. This may sound like hyperbole, but after listening to the people in this town about their Pop, I see my Dad as a saint.

No comments:

Post a Comment