Monday, July 12, 2021

The Afterlife?

 A lot of people around me have been passing away. I guess that's what happens when you make it past a certain age. You start to see the ones who are left.

If you've committed to working in entertainment to bide your time before you leave this planet...good. Means you will sacrifice a lot to get there. Those who aren't willing...don't know what to tell you.

For those who don't believe in the after life...I get it. My Dad doesn't. He wasn't philosophical about it either. He was very non-chalant. When you go, all you see is darkness and that's it. He didn't mean it in a bad way, just that your conscience mind is no longer functional. Pretty practical.

I also don't begrudge the people who DO believe in the afterlife. Though I do think it leads to some poor behavior on the conscious world because a few believe they will live beyond this physical one.

I had a co-worker who walked me through his belief of no afterlife. He was pretty vague but essentially, he doesn't believe in the afterlife because of resentment towards people who do. In other words, because people who annoy him about God and Jesus rub him the wrong way they are obviously kooks.

Funny stuff.

For me, I think there is something beyond our consciousness. I'm not sure what. And I don't believe it's named Jesus. The mystical afterlife is just that...mystical. Do you re-boot your life from scratch? Do you retain any memories. I recall waking up in a bathtub once naked with the water drained and not remembering how I got there. Will it be something like that?

What is our conscious mind and can we ever even consider existence without it?

How sad it will be to have to backpedal. You appreciate life a lot more when you know if and when it ends, it was at the moment you were looking forward to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment