Thursday, July 22, 2021

Best Feeling In the World

 Being independent and not beholden to anyone while making your film is...AWESOME!

Obviously it costs some dough and it comes strictly out of pocket.

But to be honest, there is no one that will care about your project more than you.

Also, once people put money into your project...you have to listen to them.

And most people have stupid ideas. Not their fault. You just studied harder.

If it were something someone else wrote, YOU'D have stupid ideas. It's the nature of the beast.

The word "liberating" comes to mind when it comes to making movies that you don't have to answer to people over. But yeah, it comes at a price.

I'm doing a feature next.

I know...I've said it before. But more pieces are in place this time and we understand how things will need to work.

And yes, I'm sinking what amounts to the costs of a house into it. And sure, some of you would want me to fail at it. But honestly...I don't care if it succeeds. Or makes money. Or anything else. Call me stupid. To me, making it is its own rewards.

And having the freedom not to get into constant battles is its own reward.

I think they call it "peace of mind"

No comments:

Post a Comment