Thursday, June 17, 2021

Own Up To Your Bullshit

 A co-worker and I were rapping about all the homeless in this town.

We're fucked in Los Angeles. It's not gonna be fixed anytime soon. Or with any real impact to repairing what the fucking idiotic Lefty politicians have done to this place.

Well, the conversation was about why and how homeless got to be that.

He went for the easy answer...mental illness and drugs. Which is very true.

I went for the less than common spoken about thing which is this...

homeless people will never hold themselves accountable for anything

Because that would require shame. And that is the only they hold onto.

This goes across the board from the ones who lost their entire living in substance abuse to mentally ill (which I get that it is a chemical imbalance here).

The one thing is...they will never apologize for anything. They won't take part in what got them to that place. Watch...ask a homeless person how they got there. 99.9% will say it was due to someone else OR lean on an excuse. Never is it..."I really screwed up with my wife." "My folks tried to get me help but I was a shit and I feel bad now and I regret it." Or "it's all my fault I'm in this situation."

In this case, they justify living like a low rent animal by mentally believing society is the one that suffers from the daily grind. This is sociopathic behavior. And the reason why you see more of them here than anywhere else is because of a) the weather b) entitled entertainment people.

People do come to Hollywood hoping to be the next Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie or, Paul Thomas Anderson, Ron Bass, or whatever. They believe they should be that, because in their little home town, they were big.

Here, you disappear. Then it's everyone else's fault you aren't where you deserve to be.

As Bill Muny says in "Unforgiven" deserving has nothing to do with it.

But entertainment people cannot digest this. So they hold everyone else at fault.

Again, go ahead and listen to a homeless person. They say idiotic things instead of pointing it directly at themselves for stupid behavior and bad choices. Perhaps they're cursed for making bad choices. Like given the chance to do the right thing or the wrong thing, they inexplicably pick the wrong thing.

I'd forgive anyone who believes this to be their answer.

At least ignorance is more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment