Friday, June 18, 2021

A Few Words From The Public

 Okay, so a person had contacted me in regards of my "bitter, cynical, angry..."

To be clear, I am actually trying to encourage you to do your own thing without having to kowtow to people who hate you.

Yes, Hollywood hates you and judges you.

You think Meryl Streep looks a homeless person in the eyes when she walks around L.A. (if she walks)? Doubt it. Think Chris Evans likes to ride the bus?

No, this is what normal people do. To get by. I would not aspire to people like these. Even established people/filmmakers tend to be sheltered. And it's obvious they consider your life much less valuable then their own. Why? Because they can tell a good story? I guess.

The movie business, aside from what type of entertainment they provide, is also a perception machine. It's a business...don't you be mistaken. And you would fare better getting a lawyer license to break in, then a literary degree (most have). The rest is just getting through one hurdle after another.

What I am suggesting, is to get that chip on your shoulder, tell those guys to "fuck off!" and do your thing (within your own comfort level). That is freedom, people.

The reason why I shit on the people who pursue the more "loftier" goals is because these are not the people you want to associate with. At least, I hope you don't. They may have a ton of money, but they also have your balls in a sling.

The greatest freedom is to tell the story you want to tell. Which comes at a price but the cost is so low...in my opinion...your dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment