Monday, June 21, 2021

Juneteenth

 Really wasn't sure what this day was until it was explained at work that we could take the day off.

But I couldn't. Because unions don't follow this "holiday" but not because I am union...I work for unions.

After a little research, apparently it is the day that slavery in America was completely outlawed. Which...I don't think there's any other country that addresses their biggest mistakes in history than America. EVERY society has had slavery. Some still do. In things like indentured servitude. Debts owed are debts paid.

But in American slavery, because America thrived greatly from it, America needs to be reminded of its ugliness.

And it is ugly. Treating human beings as property has to be the ugliest notion in the human heart. We've seen experiments similar to this, and NONE of us are immune. Consider if Blacks were given the same power that Whites were and you'd see how that would pan out (it seems this is the direction we're heading where they are determined to make every White person feel the wrath of the past).

Slavery is ugly. But coming to terms with mistakes SHOULD be forgivable. But it isn't. And, in my opinion, never will be. It's like being married. Women never forget the slights.

Which is a lot of the reason why some communities never thrive. Because there's no many beefs based on pride.

Now, before a few of you idiotic Lefties come down hard on me about the fact that I would never understand what it meant because I am not Black, consider that I grew up in the 1980's in Ohio when the Vietnam War was 5 years removed. I'm not even fucking Vietnamese, but the soldiers that came back still existed in my community. In all communities. Yeah, it's a strange comparison, but I would say the shit I endured throughout my childhood of White racists equaled those of my contemporary Black neighbors. And I got MORE shit from Black people than any other race. That's what happening now, but the press don't have the courage to admit it.

Juneteenth seems to be a consolation prize to ugliness that the Founding Fathers can't shake. And yes, they were ugly racist. But that doesn't mean America is racist. It means we learned from our mistakes rather than bury the history (like White Lefties want to do). Democrats didn't free the slaves, Republicans did. Guess you didn't hear that one. 

As one person puts it, it's a celebration of pretending the people who ran the ruse of pandering to the Black community needs to pretend they cared about them all along. Enter Joe Biden. Who embraces Juneteenth as much as Nancy Pelosi embraced her (hahaha) Kunte scarf. Comically stupid people who, have somehow won the pandering war with Black America. Or we know it's all fraud. Which it is.

Wake up people. Things like this doesn't solve race problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment