Tuesday, January 5, 2021

The Know-It-All

 I work with a guy, when you point an interesting thing out, he reacts as if it was obvious when you know he didn't know.

I'm feel like this comes from a place of insecurity.

I am always fascinate by new information. Or I'll dig deeper.

"Did you know that the crocodile can run faster than a human?"

Me: "Holy shit, that's real? Man, that's nuts. How is that possible? Their arms are so short, no?"

This guy at works reaction is "yeah."

Dude, have a reaction that tells people you have a pulse.

This type of person won't get far in life (and hasn't). Because he isn't interested in anything that he didn't discover himself. In other words, he believes he is the smartest guy in the room.

Now this blog may have you believe I believe I am the smartest guy in the room. But, in truth, I am the slowest on the uptake. Which is why I ask questions. And to a lot of people, it baffles them. I call it conversation. A lot of people don't like being grilled like this, because it is challenging. Or maybe they've spent a lifetime with people telling them to shut up.

You CANNOT make movies and be a know-it-all. Making movies is not about lecturing. It is about discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment