Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The Lottery

Have you heard people say "One day when I win the lottery..."
Not to be a dick, but those are losers.
They think money will solve all their problems. It solves one...the need to not be under the thumb of debt.

The issue...people who say this...most likely don't want to be around humanity. The wave of humanity descends upon you when you win the lottery. Because everyone else thinks money solves their problems.

Now, I get it...you probably think "Fuck you man, for someone who lives comfortably, saying you don't need money is bullshit." I'd answer by telling them...I worked hard. Well...hard-ish.

I am not remotely rich. I am comfortable. Meaning I have a place to stay and something to eat. Not that far removed from a simple homeless man. Though I have a few other assets..but...not really that much more.

I prefer to earn my money. Not by luck. Yeah, a lot of you would consider me an idiot for saying so...but here's the deal...imagine what you are actually winning. The hopes and dreams of millions of people. You inherit a LOT of disappointment. I prefer not to be haunted by that thought. Along with that a great deal of resentment from people who don't think you deserve any of it.

I don't appreciate money as it is now. I appreciate what it means for other people. If I were a sound businessman...at this point I'd be incredibly rich. Because if you're job is to make money, and you are focused on it...you will make it. It also takes sacrificing a lot. This is when you truly understand how little it means to you but to others. But by then, will you care?

Focus on enrichments in life that require not winning the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment