Monday, August 12, 2019

Bigots

Here, in Los Angeles, there are more conservative people than you realize. They probably come from Central California where they wanted to see and live "in the big city."
There is a sense of right and wrong when it comes to humanity. But it seemed during President Barack Obama's 8 years, he gave all people the license to commit crimes and get away with it. Guess what? This is the same exact rhetoric that is being screamed about when Blacks and Mexicans and Leftist Whites are saying President Donald Trump enables White Supremacists.

Either may be true actually. There are dumb people in the world. But the news out there now doesn't help. It picks and chooses what to enrage us with. In reality, most of us still live that life from 1980's where everything was carefree. I ask a normal 8 year old how her life is, it's not different than how I grew up. I'm not sure the parents of today share their political views that openly with their children, mine didn't. I know one who does. He is a staunch Leftists and I pity the boy. Seriously, that kid will grow up to be a far Right Conservative. Trust me.

So who are bigots?
Answer: we are.
People deny they aren't but EVERYONE is.
Now this may seem like an accusatory thing to write, but it's true. We have our prejudices. Some won't date Blacks, some won't date White, some won't date Mexicans, some won't Asians. Now, extreme people will scream that bigoted. Which, in a way, it is. It is a prejudice based on skin color and nothing else. Perhaps culture. But that still falls under bigotry. If I said I would never go out with a Mexican girl. And the public were to overhear that. The internet (if they cared about who I was) would take that information and run. Because it's sensational. To a LOT of humans, I chalk that up to preference. To a lot of outraged people, it's bigoted. Instead, people then lie. Which makes them out to be phony. And so forth.

To be progressive isn't to deny our biology. It's to know it and change within. If not, then that's YOUR decision, as long as you don't hurt others physically. Yeah, you probably do so emotionally. But we need to stop living in that world. Not that you can't feel, but not everyone who doesn't like you is a bigot. It was my go-to for the longest time. They couldn't possibly not like me. Turns out I was just being a shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment