Sunday, February 3, 2019

Anxiety

Anxiety is fear.
I know someone who suffers from anxiety so bad, it prohibits him from being in public. He has odd mood swings, but it's usually placed in check. Most of the time, the dude is in his own head. A lot of artists are like this because of perceived constant threats, I guess. I had one panic attack which put me in the hospital. I know this was as a result of drinking too much. And the nurses spent the time laughing about it. Well, not outright laughing, but making light how a man my age would be concern about suffering a heart attack...I did some research and discovered panic attacks and heart attacks have similar symptoms.
This led me to quit drinking.
I also think a lot of Left leaning people have anxiety attacks more. You can say they are more sympathetic/empathetic but the truth is probably closer to substance abuse issues. The Left seem to harbor more kind hearted crusaders than the Right. To simplify, The Left is coddling Mom and the Right is tough love Dad. This has changed dramatically over the years. The Left have become more militant. And now the Right are this Dad who don't understand their teen son anymore. But the Dad still goes to work to support their frivolous habits.
It's sometimes strange that people consider Trump Right supporters to be toothless hillbillies, when those people want NO government, or laws for that matter. The extreme Left would agree to this. In other words both extremes should probably unite to form their own party. Because in some odd universe they agree on pretty much everything.
But I digress, in the entertainment business, the mentally suffering people do feel slighted about life. Especially the younger you are. The social media platforms make you think you deserve more. Or wish you had more. I would step away for a while, if you think you don't have the stomach for it. It comes in very odd spurts of envy. The single most destructive sin in our lives. Envy. We want what everyone else has. And we can't see we already do.
This causes the greatest of anxiety. Discover your gift and talent and go forth without fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment