Friday, August 29, 2014

You're A Racist!

Man...oh man. Today in L.A. news, a no-string running back claims his coach is a racist. Like he was treated like a slave. Boy...what the fuck has become of us?

I played high school football for a season. It sucked bad. I was a wingback. Terrible at reading playbooks. Even worse at physical toughness. I just didn't have it in me. Did my coach ever give me a earful. He'd scream stuff about how weak I am. How I was so stupid I'd take two hours to watch "60 Minutes," that I have no skill to speak of and that I should just go back to wearing a dress and play in the band (which I did, the band part, not the dress). And the best...that he would make just openly bigoted statements. Mind you, this is Ohio in the late 80's early 90's. Did I call him out for being a racist? Nope. I just sucked it up and tried harder. To prove to this fuck-nut that I could take what he dished out and come back for more. This, my friends, is a life lesson. Too often now, we're so quick to take the less emotionally scarring path. And I understand. This kid on SC was probably coddled. That he was always seen as the best. That no one questioned him or his ability. But that's not life. People should and will get in your face. How you deal with it, is how you grow as a human. The easy victimizing way is to blurt to the world that the coach was picking on you. That he's a racist.

We really have t drop the "race" thing. Maybe he's just an asshole. He's paid to be an asshole. Assholes win big college games. They don't wonder if you get 8 hours of sleep at night or give you milk and cookies before bed time. They kick your rear, battle harden you to the quick. And make you power through life, a winner. Losers tend to blame and cry foul. The world is not fair. You won't get anywhere if you believe it to be. Or worst, bend it to your advantage. I'm a short Asian fuck. Probably have more reason to pull a rickshaw than to don a helmet, BUT, I'm really glad my coach didn't pussy me. In hindsight, this was the highest respect he could've bestowed upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment