Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Do It Yourself Filmmaking

So I made the decision to make another short film. Man...what was I thinking?

In film school, everyone was chomping at the bit to help each other. And you had access to everything. Sky was the limit. I wish to God, when I was that age again, I could've really taken advantage of it. I think at the time, I felt that I took it to its limit. But may not have.

Now, out of school, it's a struggle for the most basic things. Especially since the money is coming out of my own pocket. It's a lot of second guessing. A lot of stress. A lot of caffeine. Common sense would tell me that I should just get off the caffeine. It's a never ending cycle of ups and downs. I'm jazzed at points. Then, I come to a crashing painful bottom. The erratic behavior is due to having so many details to juggle. Again, I don't have anyone helping. Or they're helping when they can.

I do love that I can bring on my friends to help again. I love feeling that I'm just making something. Everyone at my level seems to not. And I have to keep reminding myself that this is what I originally came out to L.A. to do. I have to just relax and enjoy the process.

I do dig the cast I landed with. I'm excited to shoot this thing. Though really really really skeer'd.

No comments:

Post a Comment