Saturday, August 2, 2014

People Don't Fuckin' Listen...

...and they probably don't fucking care. I hope to God when I get to be a certain age, I won't take memory or recall for granted. Case in point, these two dillweeds I work with. One sent something to New York AFTER I told the dumbass that I hadn't tested the gear. Told him straight to his fucking face. He nodded. A lot of yah, yah, yahs...then the I get an email wondering why we would send broken gear. Unbelievable. I'd be more inclined to chalk it up to age, but...this dude is past 60 years of age. Doubt it's hard of hearing. It's hard of thinking.

Second one is this total douche I work with. He's one of those Hollywood phony "listeners" who asks you ton of questions and won't give you enough time to answer. Nor does the fucker digest anything you say. So, here's how it goes...
"I'm shooting a film in the office next Saturday."
"Ah, too bad, if it were this Saturday, my wife is out of town and I could drop by." (like he was fucking invited).
"Well, it's the Saturday after this one."

Cut to, two days later, when I'm about to go on vacation to plan for the shoot.
He said "Well, see you on Saturday."
I thought to myself "I bet the fuckface thinks it's THIS Saturday." Fuck him then. I hope he shows up and no one's there. Wasn't invited, can't listen. What is up with that? It's almost like everyone talks, no one listens. It's not that fucking hard to keep track of things. I oftentimes respect people enough to absorb things said. At least I attempt to. Oftentimes I'll try to get people to repeat, so I don't fucking look like an idiot should anything go wrong. Nope. Not with these fuckers I've been dealing with lately. And it doesn't stop there. I went to buy some camera gear at a rental house. This fucking thing turned into a Marx Bros. routine.
"What did you want to buy?"
"Arri 2C accessories."
"Let me see if the owner is in"
Disappears.
"Guy's on the phone, wait a minute we can get him when he's off. Anyway, what are you doing."
"Buying film gear to shoot a film."
"uh-huh...uh-huh, what made you get into the business?"
"epic movies. 'Gone With The Wind', 'Lawrence of Arabia' etc..." (wasn't expecting 3rd degree).
"Ah...uh-huh" (NOT paying the fuck attention). Oh looks like he's off the phone."
We both walk into owner's office. "Hey, guy here wantsta' buy an Arri 2C"
Before I could correct him and tell him I wanted to buy accessories NOT the camera...owner pipes up "e-mail me a list of what you want."
"I just wanted to know what your accessories are available. I have the camera."
"What? Dave tells me you were looking for a camera."
"I never--"
"just email me a list. We'll see what we have."
My first thought "FUCK YOU and you're stupid fucking company. May God curse you with enlarged sore balls, you fucking deaf shitbag."
I stormed out of there more confused than going in. Who the fuck are these people?

Anyway, I just wish pray and hope, I never become like that. It is a serious disability. Worst than any brain damage. It's like they're proud of getting just the back half of information. Guess we're not that important.

Or, most likely, people just don't give a flying fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment