Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day Two "Poolside" short film

Ah folks, the joy of filmmaking. This time I mean it. It was a nice breezy day. My buddy Sam Tello whom I've made many a film with (usually him as writer/director) showed up. I gotta tell you, Sammy is like a brother to me. Very forgiving for crazy manic behavior. His energy is limitless. A real professional without complaint. I mean the role I'd thrown him in was really tiny. But he picked up the slack and really glad to have him on. Really exhausted but putting together the movie in my head. Feels good. I'm excited about the possibilities now. I'm thankful for this opportunity, even though it spikes my blood pressure and dehydrated me, it still is a nice challenge aside from just sitting on my ass watching shitty t.v./movies.

Spikes in blood pressure, that reminds me. My next door neighbor died three weeks ago. Didn't even know. Died of a heart attack. That's rough. It just hit him hard. And he was gone. The shock alone for me is palatable. I was talking to him, then he is no longer on this planet. So odd. My feeling is, do the most you can with your life. If telling stories through filmmaking is the drive that keeps you moving, do it. Or if anything you've ever wanted to accomplish is in your field of view. I suggest you do it now. The mistakes will happen. Disappointment will happen. Do it now, when you can enjoy it, and not later when you're too debilitated. You will be so much more enriched in life. The steps are a pain, but it makes for a more full life. Otherwise, you'll die on the vine. I suspect my neighbor didn't have much more life to live for. Because he seemed to lack purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment