Wednesday, July 9, 2014

You Aren't Part Of Their Plan

I rented a car the other day. This was to offset the incompetence of a garage that screwed up the repair of my real car. I return the rental car and ask the clerk whether or not I could get a lift back to another garage where my car was being repaired. "No dude, I'm the only one here."

No "sorry," no "wish I could." That's it. Then the fucker went back to eating his sandwich.

What the fuck happened to civility? I just spent money to rent a piece of shit car from them, and the least they could do is to look up from their cold cut combo to respectfully tell me that, although they would love to, he's stuck. Or offer an option. Nope.

So it got me thinking about who we are to others. Generally speaking, I think we're all a total nuisance to each other. Think about it. The last time you went to a crowded gym. How often you saw someone get huffy & puffy because their "favorite machine" was taken. My first thought, "Shitbag...move on!" Nope, they stand there making it known that the person using the machine is taking up precious space. Breathing precious air. Meanwhile, had he moved on, he'd have finished his workout.

It only seems to be in L.A. though. We're basically at the mercy of the service industry. And if they don't like your fucking face. Good luck. Others will patronize them. I think that may be why L.A. can get away with a lot of shitty behavior. Some other schlub will always come along. They don't need you. And so forth. So when you go to a smaller town, they value your business. They crave your approval. They'll move mountains to make sure your opinion of them will ripple though the country. Meanwhile, Angelenos suffer the entitled 'tard. That person who feels/and does hold your life hostage, only for that brief however many minutes it takes you to realize you're not that important. Can you imagine eating this much crow and not shitting blackbird pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment