Monday, July 14, 2014

Fuck The World Cup

Man do I hate soccer.

There is a lot to like about it, and I get why people do, but it's ridiculously boring. And the rules fluctuate so much that you get frustrated trying to figure it out.

Also, this new thing with flopping. So this so-called sport is mostly the sport of acting. I've seen so many B.S. fake falls and gripping knees, it's comical. Like some grand scale 4th grade playground antics. Who cares.

What makes it worst, being in L.A. it's inundated with soccer fans. Man...do people come out of the woodwork. Last Friday I went to an Irish pub, Brazilian flags everywhere. Brazilian flags! This is an Irish pub. Michael Collins is turning in his grave.

You know what makes me hate soccer the most? The snobbery of it and the pack mentality. IF you happen to not watch The World Cup, you're labeled a douche. Because you're too stupid and watch stupid American sports. Yeah, fuckface, we're in America. I love blues and jazz. I like whisky. And I like football. Don't ever compare the gridiron with guys who flounder for penalty kicks.

It pains me that a lot of friends do follow it. I'm not even sure if they like the game or they just like it because they can bang some foreign chick since it's a great conversation starter. I'll give them that. Female football fans aren't exactly demure. Unless you're at the college level.

Anyway, shit on me for saying so, but I can't stand soccer.

No comments:

Post a Comment