Monday, January 31, 2022

The Cincinnati Bengals Are Going To The Super Bowl

Thought you would never hear that again A LOT of crazy things had to happen for them to make it. Much of it happening all at the right time. You can credit the Gods or refs calling in our favor at the right time. Whatever it was, this team is charmed. I cannot get into the minutiae of every strange play that seemed to work in the Bengals favor, but the heavens seem to guide them through some really difficult days. We tend to think, they are due. And history can correct itself. And now they're coming to my neck of the woods. How crazy fortuitous is that. After over 30 years the Bengals are coming to Los Angeles. Feel a little bad for them since, their opponent is the Los Angeles Rams. Talk about wild. A host city team actually making a Super Bowl is relatively rare (except for back to back like the Buccaneers winning last year). Now comes the weeks where we make odd speculations. And create storylines to pump up the game itself. Because it isn't enough that they just play. I remember when I was 13 years old and buying into all the fanfare and hullabaloo with that team. Only to be crushed by reality. Why did I care so much as a kid? Hard to say. Hard even to say why I cared so much as an adult. I mean, we don't get a paycheck. But I guess pride is more powerful than we realize. The ability to talk a ton of shit amongst ourselves. There was no way in hell anyone could've predicted the outcome of this season. Bengals v. Rams in this Super Bowl. I am proud of the team. And with years of futility, it did bring a slight tear to my eye to see others celebrate. I saw it here in Los Angeles at the local Bengal bar (yeah, there is one!). And was choked up to see so many people, through years of suffering finally get a tiny bit of glory. Perhaps that is a metaphor for life. We try so hard and fail, but we ultimately prevail. I mean, in terms of just getting through life. Who Dey!

No comments:

Post a Comment