Monday, April 19, 2021

Stop Being A Scumbag And Stop Doing Scummy Things

 Hi Folks

I'm back and screaming to the void.

Been really busy. Working on a short film with the coolest cast and crew I've ever worked with. They get what we are attempting to do and couldn't be more grateful.

The world of making movies is a gypsy one. You go from one project to another and you lose touch with people. And there are a lot of egos, especially now with social media. But this is the first time, people are separating themselves from that and wanting to just make things.

I was actually fairly surprised how fun this has been. Most likely because I'm lucky to have known people who know people. That's a lesson to any filmmaker (if I could be as bold). Surround yourself with the right type of people.

Too many times you come into town and make things...and you get total scumbags.

What do I mean by scumbags? People who are in the industry to a) make a quick buck b) become famous c) scam people into their projects.

Too many shitty projects.

What I suggest to most of you who want to make films...don't be a fucking scumbag.

Yeah, sometimes it works. Especially if you are an established scumbag (the Troma team tends to rub me the wrong way. But they're established). But most likely, you look like an idiot. And, I've seen WAY too much of that.

The other thing with actors...stop associating yourself with scumbags.

I understand if you're new, you can't sniff it out. BUT, follow your instincts. If it feels off or odd or people make these massive promises...STOP. There is no instant success. It's a longer process than you will expect. Actors think and do REALLY abusive things to themselves in hopes of capturing their dreams. And there are plenty of people to exploit that.

Just make good things and be involved with good people.

No comments:

Post a Comment