Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Time

 Time is so important.

The older you get, the more you will value it. And the more you value it for others.

We are here for a VERY limited time. And most of us squander it.

I'm always baffled by how so many are fine with just simple existence. It's perfectly fine, but I think the time you have should be filled with something that makes you...fullfilled.

Having time is precious and should be valued. When you lose loved ones, you wonder if they wish they had YOUR time. I think in the film "Blade Runner" the replicant Roy Batty understands this. Though his memories are erased due to his short life span, he should be lamenting about what he wasn't able to see. Both the 1982 and the 2017 versions of this movie fail to acknowledge that.

To me, it's the world you won't be a part of.

When I had my car accident. I understood what death meant. In my teens I was self-destructive. Carried through to my 20's and some in my 30's. I don't think we believe we should live this long, but...the old marvel at what is in front. While holding onto what's behind.

A co-worker who is in 60's pointed this out. He told me "you can't re-live what was 30 years ago." Which is pretty obvious. But he tends to believe he is progressive. As if going headfirst into the future will allow him to absorb history more. Or live through history. My other co-worker spends a lot of his money investing in wanting cryogenics. Because his arrogance believes he deserves to see the future. I personally think, if they pull it off, he'll annoy people in multiple generations.

Honestly, I think he's afraid to die. In some sense, we all are. Well, except for the people who haven't valued the time here. Some people are ready to get to the great unknown because they've been so worthless on Earth.

Sorry, this place is beautiful. Tasting a cold Dr. Pepper in the summer is a sensation I can sense. Listening to a synthesized 80's tune is something I can sense. All these little insignificant things are things we should be taking the time to savor.

Each day should not be a race to the end. Marvel and be curious and what you've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment