Monday, April 26, 2021

Should I Talk About The Oscars?

 Haha.

Nah.

My childhood friend texted to me ask if I was watching them.

To be honest...COMPLETELY forgot they were on. So...no, didn't watch. Movies today suck. They look like digital turd. They aren't cinema.

This use to be a big deal. But the more I think about these awards things, the more I agree with George C. Scott. It's a dog and pony show and the rest is just pretending there are the best of any year.

There isn't. The more you MAKE movies, the less you believe in awards.

In the past, it was to make money. A vote of confidence, really. So that would cause more people to go to the theater. Advertising if anything.

But now...I think most of the public simply ignores the "woke" choices.

The point is, make the best movie you can.

History of Oscars ended at "La La Land" for me.

Appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment