Monday, July 8, 2019

United States Women's Soccer Wins Something

I never watched a second of women's soccer, and if you sat through this...boy...good for you. I don't even watch men's soccer. For one thing, I have so little time, what with my love of 80's crappy sit-coms. But more importantly, it's fucking boring.
That said, congrats to my girl Rose Lavelle, who was not only a Cincinnati native BUT she went to a high school behind my house. It was Catholic, so I couldn't afford it. More importantly, my parents didn't want to spend money on it. Man, what fun it would've been to just jump a fence to school. Instead, I got bus'd with other losers. Good for you Rosey, Cincinnati loves you and probably will have a parade for you. The other thing about her, she kept her trap shut about the politics of it. Instead, did her work and won. Love that.

Conversely, the new controversy is Megan Rapinoe. A butch lesbian who refused to go to the White House if the USWNT won. Okay, lady or gentleman, the first thing...you're a fucking lesbian. That means you probably should be a pro at kicking balls. Second, it's a fucking kid's game. How does this translate into...you know...real world skill? Like where do you go from here besides...making sure other balls don't enter your life? I have no idea. I'm sure this is why the crusade. Or maybe just keep playing this kid's game until it gets old, or no one cares. It's still women's soccer (you know, more boring than men's). Then there's the fact that she professed to not want to sing the American National Anthem anymore. Which is completely her right. Never mind a ton of men have died defending her right. Which most likely those dudes stood for the anthem.
I don't get these people. I don't think there is another country that pays more money for people to play games than America. Where is the gratitude? So many people are suffering in this world, which they say they are trying to shed light on. But there is a better way to express it other than these incredibly shallow protest at events. I don't think anyone watches these things and changes their opinion, one way or another. Same with the good ol' boys who march with hoods on their heads. They're both extreme.

What is truly odd is that though they won, it sure doesn't feel like a victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment