Monday, December 17, 2018

Jennifer Lawrence v. Jane Doe v. Harvey Weinstein

"My heart breaks for all the women who were victimized by Harvey Weinstein," Lawrence shared. "I have never had anything but a professional relationship with him. This is yet another example of the predatory tactics and lies that he engaged in to lure countless women."

It seems quite odd that the #MeToo movement has imploded on itself which goes to prove that women can't fucking look out for one another.
The statement above is as a response to Jane Doe yapping that Weinstein bragged he banged Lawrence for juicy roles in movies. If you believe the hairy meatball about keeping people like Mira Sorvino from working, you have to believe the opposite is true.
So what's the point of Jane Doe spilling the beans on her sisterhood? Credibility. And in my own I-told-you-so moment, watch them flee.
The new spin is going to be how much more of victim Lawrence is now. Her PR people are fucking stupid. The more they protect the truth the worse it's going to get. Lawrence's statement should've been
"In my youth I also became a part of the machine that allowed women to be hurt or as my business was, I was told that this was the path to how many others have became indelible in cinema. Grossly ashamed in hindsight that I did not see a better path nor did I get a better opportunity to succeed. I won't blame others for what the decided at the same crossroads to my own failure to shed light on a business that preys on young women. Is that to admit we are the weaker sex? In this instance I'd say I conquered the beast to achieve what was needed. In the wake of the women who took a higher road and sacrificed themselves and their careers, I am so much more in awe of you. I must live with the fact that I lack that strength that robbed me of dignity, but for which my success is now tarnished."
Then if I were her, I'd disappear.

Admit, quit and be re-born a decade later. It will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment