Wednesday, December 5, 2018

George H.W. Bush

I was in high school when President 41 was in office. I really had no idea who he was or what he represented, but it's really weird to know he's no longer with here...with the living.

I still know very little about it other than he had a funeral where all the living Presidents of The United States showed up. It's a tradition, I guess. So the press decided to keep their eyes stuck on how present President Trump would be treated. As predicted, he didn't seem welcomed. Nor do I think he should be. As the LEAST Presidential and, thus least political, it is weird to see him there pretending like he gave a fuck. I'm sure it was all for show, but it wasn't even worth the show. Considering Bill Clinton and Hillary were there as well. A lot of bad blood, shit slinging has happened prior to this, and I doubt anyone thought they'd ever have to be in the room together. President Barack Obama and Michelle were there too. And, of course, our press loves these two like they were relatives. I think George Sr. seemed to look the most like a President from the old days. White, grey and sharp WASPY nose. The next closest was Clinton. Though he looked more like a President's distant cousin. And Trump looked like Clinton's brother-in-law he hates.

I didn't watch any of the proceedings. I'm sure it was nice. Bush Sr. seems to be the last of a former generation of politics behind closed doors (he DID run the C.I.A.). Where we didn't have so much fucking news or Tweets or social media. It seemed so much more quaint now that I think about it. I think had he been President now, he'd be resented as much as Trump is. He just isn't as cool as Obama or Clinton. But, let's be honest, who wants a cool President.

No comments:

Post a Comment