Monday, November 17, 2014

People Are Scumbags...Nowadays


It’s no secret the really cynical person I am about life. I figure the bigger city you live in, the more you become so sicken by humanity. People find new and interesting ways to irritate the living fuck out of you.

A few things lately have gotten to me. Not anything done to me directly. But just the unaware people in this world.

First, is this old dude at my gym. Whipping his powdered sock around his feet. As if he was buffing them. In front of my face. Like the dust isn’t inhaled by anyone. Not one shred of consideration or thought that maybe, JUST MAYBE people don’t want to puff on your filthy sock. There he was whipping away. Not only does this do nothing, you are just throwing filth into the air. Just great.
Second, is the person who waits at the corner waiting for the red light. I mean, so far off the curb waiting to walk, even though cars take right turns on red. They’re so far into the road, it tempts you to just bump them with your car. Just smash this clueless moron off the curb. Get back. You have ZERO idea who has control of their car. The same person is that person who take their sweet time crossing a street. They know you won’t run through them. Their arrogance makes you want to mow them down. Would teach them a lesson. Me? I get as far away from the curb as possible. I don’t trust drivers on this road, why would I trust them as a pedestrian. I assume people in cars are assholes. There was a recent story about an elderly guy standing on a train platform being pushed into the tracks. Would that person who pushed you have leverage if your back was against the wall? I oftentimes feel uneasy watching these people who stand so close watching for the metro to come out of the tunnel. Does it mean I think this person should be pushed into the tracks? Gimme a break, if you think I think that. I just think, self-preservation would to believe people are shitbags. I don’t give people the opportunity to be shitbags. Your aggravation really starts when you exist in someone else’s space. I elect to leave that person’s space as soon as possible. Keep your head on a swivel. Believe everyone is a piece of shit. Because, deep down inside, we are.

This weekend as I was watching the Bengals play the Saints in New Orleans. The tight end Jermaine Gresham scored a touchdown. He was handing the football to a woman with a Bengals jersey. Needless to say, a very rare person in 'Nawlins. As he was handing her the ball, a Saints fan snatched the ball from her. Not just snatched, yanked. What a piece of fucking shit. The girl begged for the ball back, to which this “gentleman” ignored her shaking his head. Filthy shitbag. Did he care what we thought. Nope. You would think that the team rival who scored on your team would make you throw the ball back onto the field or the very basic human thing is to give her the football, as it was scored by the opposing team. He kept it. Mine, mine, mine. Thanks for reminding us what a piece of shit people can be. Principles mean nothing. A terrible lesson undoubtedly passed down to his kin. He will be blasted by social media. But an idiot like him would embrace being the “bad guy.” That’s what we deal with.
So, step away from the curb. Anticipate assholes. They will never disappoint you.

No comments:

Post a Comment