Friday, August 31, 2012

We Are Not Meant To Be Alone

I recently joined a dating site. Without sounding too douchey, I really was turned off by the whole first time I'd tried it out. Mostly because guys have terrible odds finding women. The inbox of women versus that of men (if you'd never experienced a dating site) is ridiculous. Women's mailbox explode with e-mails. Which men, in turn, like a graveyard. Not a ounce of life. And it's not just me though. I've read testimony after testimony about how awful its been for people. There has also been a study out there too about how Asian men and Black women have it the worst. They get next to ZERO responses (in roughly 6 months of posting).

So I found it funny how specific my posting was. Without expecting crap in return. I start out with a declaration that I am tired of the B.S. and that if we're honest we're going to be honest.

So I went into it. First saying the girl had to be pretty with nice legs. Had to have a job. Drove her own car. Doesn't wear a lot of makeup but looks naturally pretty. Isn't a party animal. Has nice breasts. Anyway, you see how specific it was getting. Moreso, I came off as a guy who wouldn't bow to these traits. You know why?

Because THAT'S EXACTLY how women word their specifications. If we guys were honest about it the same way women were, we'd be seen as losers who lived in their mom's basement playing Xbox while waiting for Kate Upton to show up. Instead, women pull it off that they can be just as superficially shallow as men. And get away with it online. That's sometimes the crushed part about it. You do get a glimpse at the honesty women have in their hearts. Forget it ever existing in front of you you know...like in real life.

I'm seriously not bitter about it. I think it's funny AND refreshing. The one that stands out was a woman in her mid-30's. Her statement "We're not meant to be alone"

My reaction: "lady, we die alone"

And yes, while it may be true, it is sorta' a crappy thing to think. I think so many people fall into terrible relationships because of this thought that we weren't meant to be alone. Really?

There is a huge difference of being alone to being lonely. I often find I have so much alone time to do the things that I enjoy doing. Mostly stupid things. But relationships are a compromise. Most of the time it's a benefit to the girl since they can drain all their flaws and self-consciousness on a guy and we'd have to sit there and absorb it. Meanwhile, if it were the opposite, very often that's seen as weakness. She's more than willing to find someone else to let her vent while you STFU.

I'm not mad at the situation. I consider myself a pretty good listener. Not that I care, but people fascinate me. Women fascinate me. Such a psychological study. I think that may be why I am not with anyone for a long period of time. Because there is just WAY too many combinations of interesting that can't be contained within one girl. And vice versa.

My sister said a long time ago (when I was crying in my beer about the girl I thought I was going to marry), "Dude, so what? She ain't all that interesting. Next!"

Yeah, she's really blunt like that. And pretty damn funny. And now true.

My other sister: "Your odds are good in finding someone in life, but the goods are odd". Yeah, that's life. We aren't meant to be alone. But probably, we're meant to enjoy being alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment