Sunday, August 5, 2012

2nd Hang Out - BOWLING!

Bowling. Is there any other game that evens the playing ground? You aim. You toss. You talk smack. Seen babies bowl. How much more universal can this be?

I went bowling yesterday with my date. We went as a group since that was what her friend wanted to do. Her friend was "hooked up" with my friend Jared. I knew very little of this girl, since the first time I met her, she said very little to me, and nervously chatted up her friend sitting next to her. I took that cue to mean, she's not remotely interested in what I had to say. Which I came to find out later, she was just a very socially awkward person. And when actually some time invested, she was somewhat chatty and sweet.

Impressions are hard to shake. I chose my bowling moniker as "Ballz Deep". Yeah, I went there. I'm classy like that. I'm not sure how funny my date considered that. But I think the uncomfortable sex connection is funny. Plus it was very appropriate for bowling. I think.

So there are three girls and three guys. My co-worker friend came out to even out the ratio. I think one of the girls felt out of place. My friend Mike is in his 40's. I think he felt out of place. But he's so fun loving, I'm not sure it was a big deal. He's a good guy. And normally, a group like this would seem kinda' odd, it came as a very nice monotony breaker. Mike cracks wise all the time. He finds the humor in so much, and my date seemed to enjoy his jokes. Sometimes crass, but more jovial.

I bought the first round of bowling for the group. Being that we were in Sherman Oaks...the games were surprisingly expensive. That said, my date didn't remotely offer to cover her cost. That irked me a bit, not even an offer to do so. I think most women feel obligated to, at least, make an effort to pay her own way. Not my girl. She clearly enjoyed being taken care of. Which reminds me...I went to get drinks for everyone. She disappeared to get a drink for herself and didn't offer to get me one. That's struck me as interesting. Women should take care of men if they find themselves connected to them. This threw me off a bit too. How exactly this new dating world has changed.

Have we gone back to the good ol' days where the man paid for everything and I didn't even know it. Or does she think I'm just some weasly old schmuck.

I'll go for the schmuckness.

So far, she hasn't impressed me. Or rather, I haven't impressed her. Being a man, means being a man. I gotta man-up. Resistance is good. She needs to be challenged soon. Such is the life of an over 30 year old going out with an under 30 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment