Monday, December 28, 2020

New Year

 Everyone was hating on 2020.

Yeah, you know what happens when you hate on something? It hates you back.

Personally, I had no issues with it. Actually kind of relaxing since we were all running 100 miles per hour into a brick wall. For a few of you who are out here working in the business, I know the shut downs were debilitating. I know a few people who left town due to it. A lot actually.

Should a hiatus of this magnitude break you? For some, yes. The antidote to the virus seems to have crushed a lot of spirits. For me, I continue to skip around like some retard with a lollipop. Most of the dead weight in my life has been excised. A LOT. And it's great to shed these things. Starting with the alcohol and ending with anxiety and stress. Funny enough, my car had a massive issue recently which is costing a shit-ton to repair. In my youth, this would trigger just pure panic and rage and anger.

Now...I figure "where does that get me?"

I think that's the thing as you get older. That question "where does that get me?" 

For the most part, always being in panic mode doesn't get you anywhere. In fact, it stops you from moving. For the most part. So, what I would suggest, as you re-evaluate your new year is this...

...what is it that I want to do and where am I going?

That way, the tragedies of your past can be your motivator. IF 2020 was the worse you've experienced thus far, understand how you worked around it.

Remember that it is a privilege to live this particular life. With the great music, movies and people.

Be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment