Thursday, December 31, 2020

It's That Hour! Ooooooo...

 Happy New Years Eve folks!

Last time I went out on this day was a flaming disaster. It was messy and I was blasted ugly drunk. And I never wanna be that guy again.

So here I am about to have a 3 day weekend and all I'm gonna do is sleep. Mostly because everything hurts at this age.

Here's a thing...I take L-Theanine, gabapentin and some melatonin and I'm out. It's a very calming out. And it's a hard sleep. I'd say it's better than laughing gas. It's not like Ambien (which I've never taken, but assume if you hallucinate, this aint it). But it is a body relaxing sleep. I've also started to sleep on my gym mat. Which feels more durable than my futon. In terms of firmness. Turns out my body responds to firm rather than sort-of-firm.

Also, my friend who is a psychologist recommends recognizing and affirming the physical pain I have. The thing with mind and body, as she puts it, is that the mind always thinks it can control the body. Which, for the most part does. HOWEVER, the trick is to have the body accept the condition of itself even though the mind says you are in pain. "Surrender" yourself to know that you are feeling this way. It has done wonders as it pertains to controlling or regulating pain.

Oh, what was my point?

Embrace the pain in your body. Also, not everything is Coronavirus. I probably shouldn't laugh about it, but EVERY single thing is that now. Nothing can be a cold or flu.

So let's everybody...chill a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment